First Event 2013 has ended and this page does not refer to next year’s First Event 2014. We will post information for First Event 2014 as it becomes available.
Partners in Process Program
Welcome to all our partners of transgender persons!
- Whether Married or partnered to an FtM or MtF
- No matter if your partner is a crossdresser, transexual or genderqueer
There is no additional fee for PiP. It is a part of First Event, but is only for the partners of trans-persons, located in the Concierge Lounge up on the 6th floor.
A couple of points about PiP. PiP isn’t about the process, it isn’t about Trans 101 – the conference offers many seminars for the transgender individual.
PiP is about partners focusing on their own needs, wants and desires. As many have said, someone who’s trans has to be selfish, to put themselves first to get through it. Unfortunately, this has a huge impact on relationships. PiP is a place for partners to focus on themselves, how they feel and what they want and need from the relationship. But most importantly it’s a safe place for people, whether partners to FtoMs or MtoFs, crossdressers or transsexuals, to express their joys, pain, suffering, and hurt.
As women, we are taught to take care of everyone else, to put their needs first, often to the neglect of ourselves. PiP is a place for partners to focus inward, take care of themselves, and in so doing, help their relationships. Male spouse are also welcome.
PiP is run as a series of support seminars with a focus on the general relationship, sexuality, or as a support group with Dr. Evan Eyler. But mostly, it’s a daylong outpouring of joy and pain, tears and laughter. This isn’t a subject people feel comfortable talking about with their family and friends, so most are in isolation about it. Sharing with others who understand, who can help you find the path to joy in your relationship again, is what it’s all about.
TCNE’s Partners in Process Program is designed to help you get answers to your questions, find resources to help, and build friendships to encourage you. There is no additional fee for PiP, it’s a part of First Event and it is only for the partners of trans-persons. Feedback from First Event 2010 centered around a need for larger blocks of time vs. a tighter schedule. We hear you! For First Event 2013 we’re continuing to build in more peer-to-peer support.
Speakers and Workshops for PiP
- Friday Afternoon: Dianne Ouellette will moderate an extended peer-to-peer support session. You’ll be able to get to know others with transgender significant others and get real world answers to your important questions.
- Saturday Morning: Andrea Ziff, co-chair of First Event and a partner herself, will be on hand for more peer-to-peer session time.
- Saturday Afternoon: Dr. Evan Eyler will return to lead a group session answering your important questions on this very important topic.
- Saturday Tea: PiP will conclude with refreshments and more conversation 3:00 – 5:00 pm.
If you have questions about our PiP program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you an answer!